Monday, March 26, 2007

The Final March


Uhmmm, the hell?! It's so hot!! But the illumination was good though.


I wonder what happened to the lights??!


Uhmm, Mr. Chiaw, excusemoi?


The official photographer of SMAD!!


The Wackiest Side of the Seniors!



Okay, so here it goes. It's been a while since my first step in this institution, that is Stella Maris Academy of Davao and luckily, my mom discovered my cousin that he's very fluent in Mandarin Chinese especially if he prays on that language. I started studying at SMAD since Nursery [SY 1994-1995]. It's almost 13 years where I stayed and learned not just those lessons but also the Christian Values imprinted on us. And here I am, ready to march because it's my GRADUATION.

Before I proceed on narrating on my wackiest and WILDEST graduation experience, I will surely miss these things:

[ a ] - Talisay Trees - even though it's infested with til-as [a kind of worm or caterpillar which had a hairy body. If touched, the victim shall suffer severe itchiness in the body.

[ b ] - Form a straight circle, errrrr, I mean LINE [who said that?!]

[ c ] - SOH CAH TOA - who would ever forget this simple Trigonometric Function ?!

[ d ] - Marisians are very simple even there's a lot of rich people out there. - Yep, that's true!!

[ e ] - We all knew each other unlike other schools.

[ f ] - The Zero-Basis Grading System - Sanay na kami jan! And we had this big advantage in College.

[ g ] - Very conservative people - that's what those freakin' nuns taught us. Shoot!

[ h ] - Friendly teachers - well not all though! Hahahaha

[ i ] - Impressive writers - Almost every year, at least 3 Marisians made it to the National Schools Press Conference.

[ j ] - It's a Catholic School - no doubt

[ k ] - Cool Neat CR - let me explain this: Sa boys, although it's free of vandalism but you could smell the stench of urine and stool! Ewwww, sa Girls, though it's very neat but the cubicles were converted into a LIVE CHATROOM. You know what I mean kiddo!

[ l ] - Computers in the comlab, elib and the books in the library. My favorite places in the school itself.

[ m ] - Sir Feliciano Puno Sr. - Huhuhuhu :,c

Quotable Quotes in the School:

Well, I'll not mention any names in this portion. But I find it so funny and amusing! Here it goes:

"Birds with the same feather makes good feather duster."

"Don't judge the book if you're not the judge."

"What is worth doing is worth doing well" and "Jesus deserves the Best" (Blsd. Antonita Bandres)

"Where there is no room for my poor neither there is room for me" (Mother Candida!)

"Soh Cah Toa, Luggaaaritttiiim [Logarithm]"

"Do you believe class....?"

"May I have that boy now?"

"The end shall Justify the means."

"L: hep, hep! R: Hoooray!"

"The mass of the Product should be equal to the mass of the reactant."

"Again?!"

"You want another five????"

"ef-ef-ef-ef-ef-ef.... jey-jey-jey-jey-jey"

"Who's that?"

"Get 1/4 sheet of paper.. Student: 1/4 maam??!"

"5 minutes more.."

"Say oh.. woooohhhh!"


Okay here's the story in our graduation rites:

2.30 pm and we started marching. Though, di talaga maiiwasan, Some of my classmates arrived LATE. Good thing, their's a giant screen in the right side of the stage and it would be easier if we look at the VTR. Yes, and expect the worse case scenario. The Sohcahtoa boys laughed whenever they see their faces on the VTR. I can't help myself but to laugh also! nyaha!

Oh dear, though we sang those eucharistic songs well and it was a job well done for us. But that's not all. The second part of the graduation rite is quite humiliating on the teachers and administrator's part. But for us?! WE DEFINTITELY ENJOYED IT!! Taunts, Cheers and those deafening howls made me insane, well in a good way. Hahahaha! And the best part? The GIRLS joined us in our wildest cheers too!

"Last na toh and di na tayo papagalitan nila ma'am!"

Hell, your right!

One thing for sure, who couldn't forget this:

"This award blahblah.., to Mrs. PurificaTHION Mejia... blahblah.." [It should be Purificacion]

Well next time, make your dentures tighter! Hahahahha Peace out!!!

Speeches given by Kissa, Stuart and Alvin were all touching. I really find Kissa's valedictory speech a marvelous one! She's creative. You deserved it Kiss!

The final part, which is the graduation song, was a complete disaster! I mean, amidst the stench of sweat, excruciating heat and the smell of used-up oxygen [eeeewwwww], we still made it to the finish line. At todo smile pa kami!

"WE EMBRACE OUR DESTINY SHELTER EACH OTHER'S MISERY.. WE RISE AND FALL, YET THROUGH IT ALL, WE FEEL WE'RE STRONGER NOW, AMIDST THE CRIES AND BROKEN SMILES WE FOUGHT TO STAY THIS TRUE, NOW HERE WE ARE, ON THIS SPECIAL DAY.. THE DAY OF OUR GOODBYES!"

We didn't march the recessional part because we wanted Princesa as our recessional music. This made the teachers go wild and mad at us. But hell! we don't care. At last, the music played but it's better if we sang NEXT in LINE rather than Princessa.


This is Seniors '07 - now SIGNING OFF! Till then, goodbye!!!


PS: I can't attend the farewell party of CHRYSOLITE as well as the SENIOR's BEACH PARTY! Too bad! I'll miss you guys! Till then..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?