Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One Click to Fame

I’m a little bit bothered with celebrities changing their relationship status so rapid, like a parent who constantly changes his baby’s diaper. Take Rachel Ann Go’s case. She changed her relationship status from “in a relationship” to “engaged”. After a day or two, it spawned more than a hundred comments. And yeah, when she was interviewed by a local entertainment show, she denied it since she didn’t have an engagement ring.


Okay. But what if she hid the “ring” in one of her pockets? Or is she hiding it in one of her hands during the interview? Naaah. She’s not Houdini or David Blaine. And the hell I care, I’m not a big fan of her though.


And then when I checked my Facebook a while ago, I came across with Van Pojas’ update (PDA Season II). He changed his relationship from “it’s complicated” to “married”. The funny thing was, almost all people believed it! Hahaha. But yeah, maybe he wants to insinuate that he has a new girl or what. But yeah, changing it to “married” is not a cute thing unless if it’s genuine (or was it??! Naaah).


But yeah, this is just one of the forms of tactical fan maneuver. Posting something that is quite interesting and/or controversial would lead to more viewers, more fans, more stalkers, more detractors and the list goes on and on and on. I admit that sometimes I add some celebrities in my Facebook just to have this formerly rare opportunity to view their life outside the idiot box. Thanks to the internet. Hahaha.


Celebrities who desire to generate more fans are now at ease – one click is already enough.


So what if I change my relationship status from “single” to “married to Mama Mary”? Will that generate millions of comments? One thing for sure, a conservative-puritan-practitioner old lady will complain about my blasphemous status. CRUCIFY HIM! CRUCIFY HIM! CRUCIFY HIM!


Okay, I don’t have plans of doing that thing. Hahaha. I actually don’t care with my Facebook account. I just accept invites from people. And yeah, my page is boring, as usual. Lol. I play no-nonsense applications like Pet Society, How Big is Your Brain and Geo Challenge. :)


I really enjoyed Christine’s aka Happyslip’s Vlog about Facebook. Check this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?