Saturday, April 25, 2009

Freshmeat Life, oh Freshmeat Life!



Roughly two years ago, I went to an accredited hospital of UPMin to pass the medical requirements – urinalysis, stool analysis (that was a disaster), blood sample and X-ray. I was pretty anxious and curious about college. Lots of “what-if” thoughts have entered my mind.



Will I survive UP?
Will I have a hard time to gain friends?
Will I get something prestigious when I graduate in UP?





I have envisioned my goals before I entered college, and I even wrote in on my secret notebook. But it seems that not all of my goals will come true. So sad, but I guess you won’t get everything what you want.


My first day in UP was a little bit awkward – new faces, new environment, new set of subjects and new professors and instructors. I thought I was a crazy teen, who kept on smiling to everyone I meet in hallways, library and other places in school. I even remembered I was nominated as our batch’s Isko, and during the nomination process, Mark mumbled something sinister and Mon got surprised with the result. But eventually, Neil got it due to some “cultural reasons”.


The girls kept their heads low and were somehow gullible. Haha. =)



Enough of this “first bloc encounter” cheesiness.


Basically what I did to survive UP was simple: Set your goals and stay focused.


We have been through different predicaments, yet we’re still survivors. Even though our population is dwindling at an alarming rate, we still grasp on each others arms and try not to fall into the pit of darkness.


I have learned a lot from the first half of my college life, and I really don’t know what’s in store for us on the second half of our college life.

I think it’s a wrong notion to fear college. It’s the most exciting part of man’s life, I tell you. :)



A big good luck to all incoming college freshmen of this country.


May the force be with you. Starwars. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?