Saturday, May 30, 2009

Earthquake, Migraine, Etc.




I had a weird week.
But I still consider it as one of the exciting adventures of my life.



Since last week, I’ve been planning to watch The Day After Tomorrow, a cataclysmic flick. But it was only Wednesday that I got a free time and decided to watch it inside my room and lights were off to have this cinematic approach. I watched it despite the migraine that I’ve been complaining since eight in the evening of that day. It was great. I managed to finish the two-hour movie. It was almost one in the morning and my migraine didn’t dissipate.


I dozed off and I immediately entered dreamland. It was a weird dream though. I was in this eccentric looking building. It stands five stories and has a parking lot with a CR. I went to the comfort room and three familiar faces suddenly appeared on the door. Their faces were expressionless, similar to the characters of this movie, The Invasion. It was quite scary. I ran as fast as I can and suddenly I was in a different place. If I’m not mistaken I was in a garden, overlooking the façade of Angkor Wat. Weird.




Anyhow, I think my migraine intensified because I keep on listening to Bosson’s One In A Million a million times in iTunes. It reminds me of Sandra Bullock. Funny movie (Miss Congeniality). Lol


So apparently, I woke up from my thirteen hours of hibernation and I was alone, again in the house. But I love being alone. Haha. I didn’t have a migraine, which was a good thing, until my hips started to hurt all of a sudden. It was a sharp yet bearable pain that lasted for about 5 seconds. It was quite scary. But I didn’t mind it, thinking that my weird sleeping position was the probable cause of that weird sharp pain of my hips. You know, I sleep for more than twelve hours in just one position. That’s weird.


I planned to finish Category 7 but it was already late and my eyes were sore from reading almost a hundred pages in just three hours so I decided to sleep. I think it was already quarter to four in the morning. I was about to enter dreamland when suddenly, my bed shook violently. Not only that, I could also hear the roof of my dog’s house rubbing through the concrete wall just outside my room. There was a surge of adrenaline at that moment and my drowsiness suddenly turned to alertness. The tremor lasted for about 30 seconds. When I woke up around two in the afternoon, I checked the USGS website and found these important details:


Magnitude: 5.7
Date-Time: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 19:51:18 UTC, Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 03:51:18 AM at epicenter

Location: 5.933°N, 125.799°E
Depth: 158.9 km (98.7 miles)
Region: MINDANAO, PHILIPPINES
Distances: 70 km (45 miles) ESE of General Santos, Mindanao, Philippines, 130 km (80 miles) S of Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines

Location Uncertainty: horizontal +/- 6.1 km (3.8 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters: NST= 94, Nph= 94, Dmin=128.1 km, Rmss=1.11 sec, Gp= 32°



God, it was a big quake. The tremor was felt on Davao, GenSan and Koronadal.


Okay, I have experienced a series of eccentric events.


The weather today is odd. Very odd.

…and waywardly SCARY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?