Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Project Bibliophile: 52+ Books in 2015



I am a certified bookworm. I grew up reading a lot of books and I spent most of my lunch breaks at our school library. My childhood was basically an adventure to the other side of the realm. Reading is fun as it takes you to other worlds for free. This is probably one of the reasons why I wear a -225 grade glasses now - the effect of too much reading. But then again, no one can stop me from reading!

In 2014, I didn't had the chance to read a lot books. During that year, I was still a new kid in town (lol, I didn't care if everybody loves me, lol at the reference though), adjusting to my new work environment. New Year 2015 came and one of my new year resolutions was to read more books.

My initial plan was to read 100 books in 2015, but I thought it would be impossible because I work five times a week, and some of the books that I want to read are thicker than my wrist. Change of plans: 52 books to read in 2015. That literally translates to one book per week. Seems possible. As of this writing, I have already read 59 books! Yey! Proud to say that I've exceeded 52 books!

Below is the list of books I had read since the first day of 2015:
  1. A Feast of Crows - George R.R. Martin
  2. How They Met and Other Stories - David Levithan
  3. The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein
  4. The 5th Extinction - James Rollins
  5. The Book Thief - Marcus Zusak
  6. Every Day - David Levithan
  7. Why We Broke Up - Daniel Handler
  8. Invisibility - Abdrea Cremer & David Levithan
  9. The Casual Vacancy - J.K. Rowling
  10. Boy Meets Boy - David Levithan
  11. A Dance With Dragons -  George R.R. Martin
  12. Every You, Every Me - David Levithan
  13. Love Letter to the Dead - Ava Dellaira
  14. Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
  15. This Is What Happy Looks Like - Jennifer E. Smith
  16. When The Killing's Done - T.C. Boyle
  17. The Strain - Chuck Hogan & Guillermo del Toro
  18. The Fall - Chuck Hogan & Guillermo del Toro
  19. The Night Eternal - Chuck Hogan & Guillermo del Toro
  20. Blood Line - James Rollins
  21. The Doomsday Key - James Rollins
  22. Wonder - R.J. Palacio
  23. Looking For Alaska - John Green
  24. Micro - Michael Crichton & Richard Preston
  25. The Eye of God - James Rollins
  26. Inferno - Dan Brown
  27. The Judas Strain - James Rollins
  28. The Lover's Dictionary - David Levithan
  29. The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
  30. Love, Rosie - Cecelia Ahern
  31. Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami
  32. After the Quake - Haruki Murakami
  33. One More Thing (Stories & More Stories) - BJ Novak
  34. Love Is The Higher Law - David Levithan
  35. Paper Towns - John Green
  36. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore - Robin Sloan
  37. The Art of Fielding - Chad Harbach
  38. We Were Liars - E. Lockheart
  39. Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
  40. The Kill Switch - James Rollins & Grant Blackwood
  41. The Beginning of Everything - Robyn Schneider
  42. The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
  43. Bilbo's Last Song - J.R.R. Tolkien
  44. Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki: And His Years of Pilgrimage - Haruki Murakami
  45. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  46. For One More Day - Mitch Albom
  47. 'Salem's Lot - Stephen King
  48. The Shining - Stephen King
  49. Before I Go To Sleep - S.J. Watson
  50. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet - David Mitchell
  51. The Twelfth Imam - Joel Rosenberg
  52. Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock - Matthew Quick
  53. Auggie and Me - R.J. Palacio
  54. The Martian - Andy Weir
  55. The Tehran Initiative - Joel Rosenberg
  56. The Devil's Elixir - Raymond Khoury
  57. The Sign - Raymond Khoury
  58. Pinball - Haruki Murakami
  59. Damascus Countdown - Joel Rosenberg
I do not usually stick to one genre. I read young adult fiction, classic literature, geopolitics, general fiction, romance, horror, sci-fi, action/thriller, suspense, and whatever that tickles my fancy.

Looking forward to reading more books this 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?