Friday, July 21, 2017

Farewell, Chester

Growing up in the early 2000s, the songs of Linkin Park were no stranger to me. In fact, I found their songs powerful and influential since most of my friends sing their hearts out every time they hear 'In The End' and 'Numb' on the radio or TV. Linkin Park was an acquired taste. I was never a fan of Chester's raspy and powerful voice, but after dissecting the lyrics, I became a fan. Behind the screams were words that cut the deepest. Chester, you have helped us to battle our own demons, and it's so sad that you lost your own battle. In the end, it does really matter. The shadow of the day will embrace the world in gray. The sun will set for you, Chester.

When my time comes,
forget the wrong that I've done.
Help me leave behind some,
Reasons to be missed.
And don't resent me,
And when you're feeling empty,
Keep me in your memory.
Leave out all the rest,
Leave out all the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?