Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Happy 1 Year of Vlogging!


Exactly a year ago, I went to South Korea and filmed my first ever vlog. Vlogging wasn't really my cup of tea because (i) it's a tedious task to edit videos; and (ii) I am really uncomfortable filming myself. Weeks before this trip, a lot of people (mostly from #DBSTheBest) convinced me to film a vlog during this trip. It was fun and awkward doing it, but I thought I need to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. After releasing this video online, I received positive remarks, some of them asking to create more videos like this one. It defo means a lot to me.

 I know I am still far behind to some leading travel YouTubers out there (see also: Sam Kolder, Erwan Heussaff, Ollie Ritchie, Benn Tkalcevic, and etc), but I'm trying to master this craft. It's hard, yes, but once you publish your final output, everything's worth it.

Vlogging is now part of my creative outlet aside from music and writing. This year, I promise to shoot more videos on my travels. I want everyone to show how beautiful the world is, at least in my own little way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?