Tuesday, September 09, 2014

15 Movies That Will Always Stay With You

Photo credit: Filippo Venturi | Flickr


Lately, several of my friends on Facebook tagged me to write this: 15 Movies That Will Always Stay With You. Since it would be a very long post if I write it on my timeline, I've decided to publish it in my personal blog instead.

The rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen films you've seen that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Tag fifteen friends, including me, because I'm interested in seeing what films my friends choose.
Here we go.

15) The Land Before Time


I've only watched the first movie of it and it really, really made me cry. Little Foot lost his (or her?) mom at an early age and the poor little dino was on his way to a safe place, together with his (para safe nalang) cute dino friends. Such a heartwarming movie. And oh, this movie made me sing "If We Hold On Together" many times when I was still three years old.

14) Jurassic Park


Yet another dino movie, this time, based from Michael Crichton's sci-fi novel. And oh, you'll never go wrong with its original movie soundtrack. Timeless piece.

13) Deep Impact


It's not your ordinary sci-fi flick; it's a story about friendship, love, family, despair, and hope rolled into one movie. I'd always watch this over and over again when I was still 7. Too bad, the VCD copy of this flick went bonkers after abusing it for years.

12) World War Z


I have read this book and it didn't leave me a good impression. It was rather boring and daunting to read. But, I still watched its movie adaptation, believing that it would be great. I was right. From the start 'til the end, the movie didn't fail to surprise me. The scenes, effects, and the actors were all amazing! Favorite scenes: the attack of Jerusalem - the last stronghold of the human race.

11) Stardust


This flick was based from Neil Gaiman's novel. Well, the soundtrack was the true winner of this movie. All hail Ilan Eshkeri! This is my ultimate favorite track. Listen.

10) Angels and Demons


My favorite Robert Langdon book. Although the movie didn't include some details from the book, this movie will always stay in my subconscious mind. One man that made this movie extraordinary: Hans Zimmer. Clue: Chevaliers de Sangreal. Eargasm.

9) One More Chance


Not really a fan of Filipino movies but this one deserves a spot on my blog post. It was a heartbreaking movie but fortunately, it had a happy ending. There are so many memorable lines, making it as one of the most watched movies of Pinoys.

8) Miracle in Cell No. 7


Yet another heartbreaking movie, this time, a Korean flick. I don't know but majority of the Korean flicks make you cry buckets of tears. But hey, the ending was nice!

7) The Exorcism of Emily Rose


Our high school teacher forced us to watch this movie. It wasn't really THAT scary. It made me realize about the importance of your faith in God. It's nice to know that there are some horror flicks that actually have a good plot.

6) Argo


Admittedly, the first half of the movie was REALLY boring, except for some facts about the tensions between the US and Middle East. The second half, however, was very intense. If you have watched this flick, I am pretty sure that your favorite part was the wild chase between the militants and the Boeing 747, rolling for departure.

5) Hachiko


Dog lovers shouldn't watch this movie. It's a story of loyalty and friendship. After watching this movie, I hugged my dogs for a long time. The movie made me realize that dogs are always there for you.

4) Frozen


Because duh, let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore! Nuff said.

3) Twister


At an early age, I got so obsessed with Meteorology. Blame Ernie Baron for it. I'd always watch it every 9PM on HBO and I will never get tired of watching it over and over again. Best scene: When Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton strapped themselves inside the barn and both of them had a glimpse of what's inside the monstrous F5 tornado. Epic.

2) Spirited Away


Not a fan of anime but had a chance to watch this Hayao Miyazaki movie back in college. The story was really awesome because it used Japanese elements such as their beliefs, and culture. Might as well watch more of Miyazaki's works when time permits.

1) Titanic


Timeless movie. Classic. The love story of Jack and Rose is probably my favorite albeit tragic. I was only seven when this movie premiered in the Philippines. The movie was shown in all of the mall's six cinemas. It sure was a blockbuster hit and it went that way for weeks! Who wouldn't forget these lines:

"It's been 84 years..."

"Titanic was a ship dreams. It was. It really was."

"I'd like you to draw me like one of your French girls."

"Come back! Come back! Come back! *Whistles*"

"ICEBERG!"

---

So yeah, that's it! Well, I'm tagging... everyone! Because I'm lazy like that. Heh!

1 comment:

Whatchasay?