Monday, November 14, 2011

Looking Back

I was about to finish fixing the layout of this blog a while ago when I accidentally clicked the linkwithin widget. And from that moment, I started to read some of my previous blog posts back in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. It made me realized that I was such a blabbermouth.

In 2006, I always ranted how low my grades (below 90, and yes, I used to be a perfectionist back in high school) were in Physics and Calculus. I was new in blogging back then. I still remember that Blogger and YouTube weren't part of Google yet. More so, this personal blog of mine used to be a very personal journal, to a point that I blogged how I felt really bad after losing a song composition contest. Apparently, one of my classmates discovered my rant post and it became an issue the day after.

That was so high school.

And oh, did I mention that I commit a LOT of grammatical errors back in 2006? Lol, like I've said, those mistakes did not matter to me at all. I just wanted to express myself through blogging. I didn't care if I get new visitors in my blog.

Posts regarding the first half of my college life was pretty much the same - rants how low my grades were, frustrations, and all the things that ran into my mind. It even came to a point that I wrote two hate entries about my Chemistry professor during my freshman year. It was pathetic... and funny. I would always blog about how my day went no matter how awesome or ordinary it was. I would even write a post about how sleep deprived I am or how stressed I am with school and the list goes on and on.

Everything had changed after I flunked Biochemistry. My insights about life had instantly broadened. I learned to appreciate little things around me. I learned how to become more patient. I learned how to control my emotions. While reading the rest of the entries, I realized that I was pretty much unsure with my course. In my previous posts, I would always ask myself if I made the right choice or if I took the right road.

One thing's for sure, though. I made the right choice and I had no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?