Wednesday, July 25, 2012

One Step Closer

I didn't expect this at all.

I NAILED THE CATS 6 (Comprehensive Air Traffic Service) Course entrance exam!



I've always wanted to become an Air Traffic Controller. It all started when my uncle took me to the control tower here in Davao back in 2003. From that day, I realized that this is going to be my life in the near future.



But because I'd also wanted to become a medical doctor, I chose that path instead of the former one.

Fast forward - I finished my BS Biology degree on time but decided not to proceed in medical school. You know, those were the days when it finally dawned on me that the medical career was not really for me. I'd always become anxious whenever I think about it. Don't get me wrong, I had fun when I studied BS Biology but to pursue a medical career is already a suicide mission. I don't want to waste 10 years of my life doing the things that I don't really like.




I became a bum for a year. Did some odd but high-paying jobs online. Then, I started traveling around the country in pursuit of happiness; to search the real meaning of life.

Last April, my uncle's colleague told me that CAAP will conduct a qualifying exam for Air Traffic Controllers. With the help of my parents, I passed all the requirements, took the exam in Cagayan de Oro and poof... I NAILED IT!

You know what? This is probably the happiest day of my life! Finally, I am one step closer to reaching my dream! Thank you so much dear Lord! Also, thanks ma and pa for accompanying me in Cagayan de Oro! The trip was all worth it, after all!

Oh yeah, I guess I'll add ATC Chronicles in my blog soon! A lot of people are still clueless of what 'we' do inside the control tower.

I've always been in love with everything related to aviation. Well, as the cliche goes, first love never dies.

YAHOO!

There's no room for mistakes 
in our crowded skies!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:03 PM

    what date ka nag exam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you give me an insight about the interview process? thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:50 PM

    baka po may tips ka about sa exam.

    ReplyDelete

Whatchasay?