Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Change is Here

The past four weeks was really tough. I never expected that I'd become so passionate in campaigning #Du30 online. It came to a point that some bridges were burned and/or compromised. Along the campaign trail I received a few offensive messages, got immensely hurt from the insults and mockery about my hometown, and got stressed because of social media (Facebook is my source of online entertainment and I wouldn't get tired of watching funny cat and dog videos all over again).

Today, I couldn't help but to feel emotional because for the first time, a small time mayor from the south had triumphed this year's election - The first from Davao, the first from Mindanao. Leni Robredo, on the other hand, will be a great Vice President of the country too. Beyond her yellow cloak, I can see a great leader who genuinely wants to serve our country.

Adapting and adhering to strict ordinances was really challenging and hard at first but trust me, it will be all worth it. To our Mayor, thank you for instilling discipline and dignity to us. I sincerely hope that we'll move forward to a better Philippines. Unity in diversity. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas! The eagle has finally landed in Malacañang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?