Friday, June 12, 2020

Can we just skip this year?

It's been four months since the last time I went home to Davao. Thank you, Rona, for ruining my travel plans this year. A few hours ago, I received an email from PAL, and my flight to Davao this July got canceled as well. Why am I not surprised? Ugh, this is my fourth time to rebook my flight with this airline. It shouldn't be a problem at all knowing we are still currently battling the global pandemic, but it's a pain in the ass whenever I rebook my flights with them. I had no choice but to call their customer service again. There's no way I could rebook my flight through their website. They're so proud of calling themselves the only 4-star airline in the Philippines. 4-star, my ass! I'll give you a rating of 4 out of 100 stars if you like!

Breathe in, breathe out. This year sucks. The economy is suffering. Everyone is suffering. The government has higher priorities than addressing the current situation of this pandemic. I am frustrated and disappointed. Everyone is! I am sick and tired of reading and watching the news. It's depressing, frankly speaking. But I find ways to keep myself – writing travel stories, reading Paul Theroux novels, and catching up with my favorite tv shows.

But I still hate 2020. I can't wait to wake up from this bad dream. This year is a fucking nightmare to begin with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?