Sunday, January 09, 2011

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

A Little Thing Called Love / First Love (สิ่งเล็กเล็ก ที่เรียกว่า..รัก)
Directed by: Puttipong Pormsaka Na-Sakonnakorn and Wasin PokpongRelease
Date: August 12, 2010 (Thailand)
Runtime: 118 min.
Cast: Mario Maurer / Pimchanok Lerwisetpibol / Sudarat Budtporm / Acharanat Ariyaritwikol

I first heard this movie from Juan and I got curious since he had written a good review about it. This Thai movie was released last August 2010 and I just watched it on YouTube.

The movie is all about puppy love. Nam (Pimchanok Lerwisetpibol), a young and ugly girl had a huge crush with Chon (Mario Maurer), the school’s heartthrob since her freshmen year. With the help of her supportive friends, she somehow got the chance to have some brief, close encounters with her knight in shining armor. It was not an easy road for Nam, though. Some girls were more beautiful and more talented than her. She thought that she will have no chance to be with Chon. Eventually, she grew up and became beautiful and discovered something more about Chon.

The plot of the movie is simple. It’s all about infatuation and the struggles of Nam. Despite its simplicity, viewers will get touched by it. Like Nam, we will do whatever we can just to get noticed by our crush. Nam had tried her best just to be on top of the class, or be the lead cast of a play or be the leader of the drum band. Innocence, as a theme, also played a vital role in this movie. By just merely seeing our crush walking along the hallway or hearing their voice over the telephone will definitely make our day complete.

The movie is a great combination of laughter and tears. I definitely had a good laugh on the first half of the movie but as the movie progressed, especially on the 7th part of the movie, I shed a tear because the scenes were really heartbreaking. I thought Windstruck, A Moment to Remember and Hachiko were the only three movies made me cry. I was wrong. Even if the plot formula is similar to some romantic movies, like the I-should-have-told-him/her-I-love-her style, it will definitely leave a mark to the audience, regardless of the age.

Indeed, as what the movie trailer claims, it’s everyone’s story.

High school may not be my favorite part of my life, but I will always treasure those days when I look forward to see my crush in school. By just seeing her will already make my day complete. Ay, kilig.

PS: Pimchanok Lerwisetpibol really looks like Kim Chiu! Swear!

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 PM

    Just finished watching it and magtitiyaga talaga ako sa Youtube. Paulit ng paulit. You are my source why I discovered this btw so thanks!

    I cried bucket in part 7(feel ko hopeless romantic na ako dun) yun pala maraming nakakarelate! SALAMAT!

    BTW the girl looks like alex gonzaga also :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:35 PM

    nagkatuluyan ba si Nam at Chon? please reply. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:18 PM

    I watched it twice,I really love it.. Fern Pimchanok looks like Kim Chiu, Luane Dy, Alex Gonzaga and Chynna Ortaleza..She's really pretty. Mario is cute and handsome..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hay I just finished watching this on YouTube~ and wala ako masabi... Kilig MuchHHH!!!!!!
    and based on a true story!! GoshHH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:21 PM

    Made me reminisce my high school days. Never thought that simple story like this will make me laugh and cry at the same time. My very first Thai movie... and I do enjoy watching it. :)

    P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one who see the resemblance of Nam with Kim Chiu (during her PBB days)and Chynna Ortaleza :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:01 AM

    haha
    kinilig ako sa movie na to ah. sana ipalabas sa philippines in tagalog sub. nam looks like kim chiu. naalala ko tuloy yung highschool days ko, parang ako lang si namn hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:04 AM

    anung name nung kamuka ni kiray?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:13 PM

    i love it, too. Mario is so handsome.
    reminds me of those silly days...xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:48 AM

    great movie!i was relly move withthe scene when nam confessed her love but chon had a girlfriend already & the part when chon is looking nam's pics with captions.LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:47 PM

    this movie will make you laugh,cry and fall in love over and over again..

    part7 also made me cry even makes me forget that i still have a class..haha..anyway, it was worth watching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:43 AM

    i so love this movie, i watched it last year, hmmmmmm loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:55 PM

    i thought im gonna stick always in the movie of hana yori dango. i never thought that theres some movie who gonna make me compare with both of them. i love those part when MARIO got home and he was in his room scanning the album that contains faces of nam that he took those pictures during he was with nam. i cried so much. so much. i love this movie.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:13 AM

    the movie really moved and touched every inch of me..i'm not that romantic type of a person but this movie was of great exception,for i forgot about myself, that i am not this type but somehow i did...i wanna get used to it and watch it over and over and over again...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:56 PM

    Maganda yung movie as in..nakakaiyak.. pero hindi parang kim chiu si nam...mas maganda si nam..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:05 AM

    Mas kahawig pa nya si bianca manalo kesa sa mga nabanggit nyu...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:37 AM

    OMG ang ganda ng napanood kon movie :) It made me cry :( but on top of that it was such a good movie :) <3 .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just watched it twice as of last week.. definitely a good story kung gusto mo matanggalan ng stress.. but if you're hopeless romantic.. then this would hurt you definitely.. just like what it did to me.. hahahah NICE MOVIE!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatchasay?