Friday, August 31, 2012

Tech Review: Blackberry Bold 9790

Several weeks ago, I was asked to review a Blackberry Bold 9790. It was my first time to try BB and I believe it won't hurt if I give it a try. *wink*

Blackberry Bold 9790


The Blackberry Bold 9790 is slimmer and sexier than any other Blackberry phones in the market. Trust me, the older versions were bulkier and thicker. This particular Blackberry smartphone is aesthetically pleasing - easy to handle and very stylish. The keyboard is ergonomically designed. It is easier to type long messages on this phone than any other touch phones in the market. There’s just the right mix of rubber and plastic to make grip and style reach an equal standing without looking cheap. *Thumbs up*

This smartphone features a 5.0 megapixel autofocus camera. It can also capture videos with a maximum resolution of 640*480 pixels. There's nothing special about its camera and when shooting at low-light environment, the quality is meh.



Blackberry Bold 9790


The 2.45 inch screen is an issue when it comes to web browsing, although I understand that this smartphone is designed for browsing emails and messages. But overall, the resolution is clear and I can still read the messages, see the photos and watch videos even in broad daylight. At least. Speaking of messages, what I really loved about Blackberry is their BBM service. Telecom companies offer affordable unlimited BBM plans and other freebies.

In fairness, the performance of this smartphone didn't fail me. Its 1 Ghz processor is enough to handle numerous apps simultaneously (e.g., Foursquare, Facebook, BBM and internet browser). I didn't experience any delays; everything was smooth! Most of all, this phone is a QWERTY-touch screen combo, making it the most flexible smartphone in the world.

Lastly, Blackberry 9790's battery life lasts around one to three days, depending on the usage. BlackBerry claims around 5 hours talktime and 300 hours standby with 3G switched on - with push email disabled.

And for the verdict? I'd love to have this phone despite some limitations. The QWERTY-touch phone combo is its unique feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?