Friday, January 15, 2016

Diaspora



I have been a public servant for three years... and counting. The moment I entered the Air Traffic Controller training four years ago, I told myself that this is my way to give back to my country, after studying for four years in a premier, state-run university of my country. I owe my countrymen a favor since their taxes partially subsidized my tuition.

There's no question about my love in the field of aviation. I mean, I got my dream job, which is air traffic controller, and I couldn't ask for more. I wouldn't mind working long hours just to ensure the safe, orderly, and expeditious flow of air traffic. I wouldn't mind working on public holidays. Everyone's at home celebrating Christmas and New Year but me since I brought them to their families. That fact alone makes me happy and accomplished.

But then again, the problem lies with our government. How can I serve my country well when in the first place, the government doesn't know how to treat their constituents well? I can't help it but to be mad about the recent news of our national government. I can no longer stand the fact that we have a President who knows nothing about compassion and public servant. The "Daang Matuwid" only applies to the rich and elite societies; the poor. and even the middle-class are suffering. What an incompetent prick.

I can't blame those people who chose to work abroad instead here. The Philippines doesn't benefit from the skills and intelligence of the Filipino workers at all. Appalling. A sad truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?