Monday, February 12, 2018

Debt Bed

I tried the Grab premium service of Singapore just for the heck of it. So, they gave me a Toyota Vellfire. Everything's automated, and it also has a sunroof. The driver was quite talkative, and it came to a point that we were talking about the Singaporean way of life. The convo went something like this:

Driver: So this car costs SGD 260k lah.

Me: Wow, that's like 10 million pesos! I can already buy a 2 bedroom condominium in that amount.

Driver: Oh, really? The average price of the condo here in Singapore is SGD 2.5 million!

Me: (gikapoy na ko mag compute kay for sure daghan zeroes involved). Whoa! But I think the payment scheme here is easier. You'll pay your condo for a hundred years. Even if you're dead, you still have to pay before you go to heaven. Death by debt!

Driver: HAHAHAHA you're crazy!

Me: I know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?