Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The Silent Patient - Alex Michaelides



I've never read a book that is so riveting, fast-paced, and very intriguing. I have read a lot of psychological thrillers, but this one was one of the best books I've read for ages. The Silent Patient is Alex Michaelides's first novel, and boy it did not disappoint! I first saw it on a book website and it claimed as one of the best books of the year 2019. Fascinated by its premise, I looked for a copy of it, but only to find out that it wasn't available at Fully Booked that time. Sad life. Anyway, I was strolling around Chadstone Shopping Centre in Melbourne, and I finally found a copy of it. And yup, truth be told, the book did not disappoint.

The story is about a famous painter who murdered his husband and ended up at a psych hospital, unable to talk. A criminal psychotherapist got mesmerized by her case and decided to help her talk again.

A fast read, and a true definition of a page-turner. I am still reeling from that ending because it was totally mindblowing!!! It's like reading Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl, but on steroids. It was THAT intense.

1 comment:

  1. Read The Silent Patient book online also you can get this book in Audio 👇
    The Silent Patient book online

    Follow my social networks for funny memes and odd news

    Facebook page 👇
    follow Facebook page
    Twitter👇
    Join Twitter
    Telegram👇
    Join Telegram

    ReplyDelete

Whatchasay?