Monday, July 06, 2020

We Get Sick As One

Days ago, I received an email from Cebu Pacific Air. They canceled my flight to Davao this July 29. I was supposed to fly home and celebrate my birthday with my family. But, I was waiting for their email, frankly speaking. With active cases of COVID-19 still rising, it's still risky to travel around. No choice but to render duty on my birthday. For the first time in forever, I'd be working on my birthday. It's not just an ordinary birthday, but it'll be my 30th birthday. Maybe in the parallel universe, the world won't be experiencing this global pandemic. I'd probably be in Los Angeles, celebrating my 30th birthday.

But no, it all boils down to safety. We're dealing with a public health crisis. While some countries have already started flattening their curve, my country has no plans to do it. Instead, we are fattening the curve. It's downright embarrassing, I tell you!

I am losing hope. But don't y'all worry. Ya boy is still fine, but I can't help but feel tired and exasperated from all the things I hear from the news. This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?