Friday, November 06, 2020

Against The Tide

My dearest Super Pumpkin,

Maybe you will forget everything I have written here, but it doesn’t matter. Resting upon these pages are my truest feelings for you. I will leave my love for you so you might someday find it, when you’re moving to a better apartment, or when you start disposing old things from your drawer or cabinet, and so I may leave it behind me, so I may live again. Like the way, I used to live before.

The days I had with you, virtual or not, were unlike any passings of time I have witnessed on this planet. For so much of my life, behind the walls I have built around my heart, I have been alone. In you, with you, I found such a friend as I had never known. I was enraptured, consumed in this bliss that was the turning point of my long solitude to something else, to something entirely, for solitude is the sullen presence of nothing, and nothing more. But in my bliss came blindness, and as such under my nose unnoticed you, slipping away. I did this, you did that, and there was so much we didn’t say. Now those words, those dreams were scattered by the swirling winds of time. Perhaps though, if a mind is an ethereal thing gets cast out into the sea of reality, grasping at the truth, entangled with emotions. Perhaps, as this mind is bound to dead words and lost dreams, expressions, and hopes who are no longer have a place to resonate and walk upon the earth. Words for times now gone, dreams of hearts new and broken, all sense says such things no longer belong.

So I am senseless. Mad even, for on this page, against my broken heart, I defy those swirling winds and ask time to forget these dreams, to let them rest forever on this page, in this bed and mountains of emotions and feelings we’ve made together. Entropy is damned, the LOVE we shared will wait here upon these pages. Without me, without you, they will wait like the stones of our hearts to meet once more.

Loving you always and forever,

Renz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?