Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Losing Grip


When I entered UP three years ago, I told myself to get as much as unos and graduate with [Latin] honors. Three years had passed and my principle had changed, all because of those experiences I had in the university.

Tres is just a passing grade; barely passed a certain subject. But you know what? Having a grade of three is the best experience in my whole life. Cliffhanger. It's just a matter of life and death.

At the start of the semester, you start to set your goals. By the end of the semester, you should have a GWA of at least 1.45 and become a University Scholar. Then, you try your best by studying every night. You even choose to stay home during weekends to finish your thesis than strolling at the mall. Then, your circadian rhythm is destroyed.



I just learned that you can't please everybody, no matter how hard you try, like what happened last semester. Evolutionary Biology (BIO 140) is a very interesting subject. But despite my interest (it came to a point that it became an obsession) on this subject, I only got tres. 3.0. It was really painful when I only got 25/100 despite having a four day preparation prior the exam. Well, the problem was, I had a hard time catching up with my professor's rhythm.

When I went to school three weeks ago to get my class card, I was really nervous. I thought that I was going to flunk this subject. When I got my class card and saw the number 3 circled by a black ink, I almost cried. Tears of joy. It just shows that if you start losing your track, you just think of finishing it, no matter what the results are.

I did my best, but I guess my best wasn't good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?