Sunday, January 14, 2018

It's been a year...

As I was browsing my 'On This Day' on Facebook, I came across with this photo:


It's been a year since my last official shift at Tacloban Tower/Approach Control. I had so many fond memories of this facility: first time to be independent, first time to be away from home, first legit typhoon experience, first time to handle emergency situation, first time to see an aircraft swerve from the runway upon airborne (scary shit, I know), and first time to handle a Papal flight (a once-in-a-lifetime event). This facility will always have a special place in my heart. I am definitely missing the stunning sunrises and sunsets of this airport, it's something that we rarely have in Davao due to the surrounding terrain.

Here's what I've written in my Facebook post a year ago:

Today's shift (5am-1pm) was a mundane one - no special flights, no missed approaches, and no flight cancellations. Everything was handled in a routine manner. However, today marks my last shift here in Tacloban Tower/Approach Control. So many things have happened for the past three years (well, almost). I have learned how to be independent, gained new friends in the city, and finally mastered the Waray language (my maternal grandmother's language). To my colleagues, thank you for making this facility my home away from home. Y'all are cool and amazing to work with. I am truly blessed. Damo na salamat ha inyo tanan! Mapuli na ak buwas ha amon pero bangin mabisita lang ak dida if mayda na time. 
No goodbyes, just a resonating hello from Durianburg.
Time really flies so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?