Monday, January 29, 2018

RF20 and some other things



Roger Federer won. And it's his 20th major win during the recently concluded Australian Open 2018 held in Melbourne, Australia. While it was already a no-brainer he'd win, his opponent was rather a tough one. Cilic Marin from Croatia beat world's number 1, Rafael Nadal during the quarterfinals. I was rooting for Rafa because hello, he's a lefty like me plus he's from España, one of the countries that I've been dying to visit. But no, Nadal is only good on the clay surface. He was struggling during the 4th set. Fuck, he can't even run! Okay, here's what you might not know: I am a lowkey tennis fan. I've started playing tennis on Nintendo when I was young, so I am very much familiar with its rules, scoring, and all. During the college, I played Virtua Tennis on PSP, and I would always choose either Nadal or Federer. Going back to #AusOpen2018, it was a great finish for Federer. Cilic was a tough opponent. I was also rooting for Hyeon Chung. He's the first Asian to ever reach the semi-finals on the Australian Open. Too bad, he retired early during his match with Federer. If I were there watching the game live, I'd be totally disappointed, but hey, that's how the game goes.

Still in sports, while watching the I, Tonya trailer on YouTube, I came across to this video:



This is an amazing performance of French figure skaters, Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprés. Their performances are always outstanding. I watched almost all of their performances online, and they executed it well. How on earth are they able to maintain their composure and balance?! I've tried ice skating at Mall of Asia and I didn't last for more than 15 minutes. I ended up having bruises, blisters, and cuts on my arms, elbows, feet, and toes. LOL!

I just miss sportswriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?