Sunday, September 29, 2019

Pat On The Back

Whenever I have problems, I try to deal with it by myself. I don't seek help from someone, unless if everything gets worse. I've been like this since I was young, but I am not afraid to share my struggles if it becomes overwhelming. I don't know, I think I don't have this 'empathy' aura or vibe. Most people think that I'm straightforward and frank. When it comes to empathy, I score low in that area. For some reasons, some of my friends are comfortable of sharing their problems to me–love, friendship, work, you name it.

And here comes the worse part–when they start to cry hysterically, I panic inside. I get dumbfounded. I honestly do not know what to do.  I give them advises base not on my intuition or experiences, but through rationalizing and proper judgment on what I think is best for them. I know I have a strong personality, but I do empathize with people, it's just, it's hard for me to show that I truly empathize. It really is hard when you are independent and have a strong personality, yes?

Well, I am not perfect, and will always not be, but I am a work in progress. Always a work in progress. I can be a good listener, but I just can't hug a person to calm him or her down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?