Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Third First Bloc Encounter


Yesterday was UPMin's annual event, the Freshmen First Bloc Encounter. However, it was already their nth time to meet as one team... as one course. Pffft. This particular event was originally set on the FIRST day of school, last June 15. But due to the Madam Chancy's trip to Diliman, the event was moved a week after the scheduled date. Anyhow, that's not my point.



According to the Department Chair of BSES (Biological Science and Environmental Studies) there were at least 54 freshmen qualified on the BS Bio degree here in UPMin base on the UPCAT 2009 result. The department as well as the students DID NOT expect the number of students enrolled in our program. Usually, about 30 will confirm their enrolment. Last year, there were only 19 of them. In my time, we're almost 35.


Batch 2009 was different. VERY DIFFERENT.


They were only divided into two blocs. The total number of Bio freshies reached 42 (if I'm not mistaken). Funny thing was, there were only 10 boys regardless of their sexual preference. No offense. Hmmm. At least I and Anj were able to attend the first bloc encounter as the student facilitator. We were a bit worried since classes were not suspended on that day (talking about the prof's prerog...)


But anyway, we had fun on sharing our insights about the course, our experience for the last two years. Those experiences made us stronger and we eventually learn from our mistakes.


The Dark Past. Whatever.


Anyhow, I am quite annoyed with the internet connection. Damn it. I don't know. This is so annoying. Argh.


Enough of this. I still have to study Biochem. Last semester, I studied the same topic, memorizing all 20 natural amino acids (their complicated structures and the one letter and three letter nomenclature)... and then I woke up late, ONE HOUR LATE. And that was the start of my bittersweet demise. And this semester, the unlucky saga will not continue. Hindi na dapat.

...and the list goes on with reports and assignments on Plant Ecology, Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy and Molecular Biology.



So much for this. Just updating this page of mine...


I'm still alive and I have still a life, just so you know.

----

Oh, I can already see C's, T's, A's and G's. Agggh.
I feel the adenine moving through my veins. Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break.


Makalipong ang assignment sa Molecular Bio. Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchasay?